Car/Auto Insurance in Shenandoah and Surrounding Areas
Make sure unexpected accidents, injuries, hit-and-runs, and theft don’t catch you off-guard. Keep your car insured, should anything unexpected occur. United Group Insurance provides auto insurance to customers near Shenandoah, Clarinda, Essex, and Sidney, Iowa.
Drivers throughout Southwest Iowa trust United Group Insurance to help them get auto insurance that will help be a protective shield against any number of driving challenges. Whether it’s a wreck, accident lawsuit or unexpected body damage that causes financial strain, auto insurance will assist with the costs.
So, choose us as your local auto insurance agency, and you’ll get access to a network of policies, to meet a variety of coverage needs at different price points. With our team helping you weigh options, you’ll get policy solutions without hassle.
Call us at 712-246-4200 for a free quote!
Common Auto Insurance Questions
What is Auto Insurance?
Car wrecks, accident lawsuits, vehicle theft, fires and other unexpected vehicle damage could arise at any time. When they do, the results could prove costly. You might have to settle damage costs, have repairs made or even look for an entirely new vehicle.
It’s only natural to worry whether you will be able to bear the costs of your recovery in these instances. Your policy can be customized to provide you with quality financial assistance following a number of vehicle hazards.
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
Auto insurance policies generally provide a standard set of benefits, though some may be customized, with coverage limits the policyholder feels suits their needs. Necessary benefits may include:
- Liability insurance: When an accident is deemed your fault, this coverage help you pay for the damage you do to others (such as other drivers) who weren’t in the car with you.
- Bodily injury liability coverage: This plan pays for third-party medical bills and sometimes for death benefits.
- Property damage liability coverage: This pays for damage to the other party’s property.
- Collision insurance: This covers damage to your own vehicle that you sustained in a wreck.
- Comprehensive insurance: This coverage pays for damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage, fires, theft, vandalism or similar accidents.
- Medical payments coverage/Personal Injury Protection: If you get hurt in an accident, this coverage can pay for your medical bills. It sometimes will cover other losses, like lost income.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance: This insures you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage. If you are the victim of a hit-and-run, for example, then this coverage can pay for your car’s damage.
Additional optional benefits available for enrollment include but are not limited to:
- Roadside assistance
- Rental car reimbursement
- Custom parts coverage
- Replacement cost vehicle coverage
- Vanishing deductibles
- Gap insurance
How Much Auto Insurance do I Need?
Iowa is an at-fault state, which means that drivers who cause wrecks are financially responsible for both their own losses and for the damage that they do to others (I.e. other drivers and their vehicles).
To prove financial responsibility, drivers are required to carry auto policies with at least the following liability insurance limits:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: $20,000 per person/$50,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: $15,000 per accident
It is highly recommended that you carry higher limits than the minimum liability coverage, and that you add any optional benefits—collision, gap etc.—into your plan. We can help you tailor your coverage limits, deductibles and other policy perks.
Choose the Right Auto Insurance for You
You don’t want to face the high out-of-pocket costs, injury liability, or legal issues that may arise if you’re involved in an accident without auto insurance. Keeping your vehicle insured is a necessary financial decision that can help you avoid such issues.
Car insurance will help reduce or cover property damage costs, replacement parts for your car as the result of an accident, medical expenses from injuries, road-side assistance, and much more. Talk to an insurance agent at United Group Insurance to shop policies.